While we already know that Season 2 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Warzone will premiere on February 7, we now have a full list of everything new! Read on for MW3 and Warzone Season 2 new content, roadmap and more.
Modern Warfare 3 and Warzone Season 2 New Content, Roadmap:
Modern Warfare III Multiplayer:
- A massive Multiplayer map offering! Four new Core 6v6 maps are coming in Season 2, including three brand new 6v6 maps and a fan-favorite remaster.
- Two map variants: Hordepoint and Vortex Get ready for the Mid-Season Playlist to explore two extraterrestrial-themed map variants based on Skidrow and Terminal.
- New Battle map: Attack a skyscraper in downtown Urzikstan from the skies. Welcome to Operation Tin Man.
- Six game modes: Bring home victory in Team Gun Game; Speed your way to victory only in Snipers; Enjoy the return of Hordepoint and Bounty; and battle rival Juggernauts in the pit of Juggermosh!
- Season 2 Ranked Play: Get the Ranked Play rewards you unlocked in Season 1, then keep working your way through the entire season and with all-new rewards to earn.
- New Ninja Vest: Prefer just these blades? Throw the Ninja Vest as well as bonus blade and star ammo to run silently.
- Resurrection Refocused: A new area of operations is opened: Fortune’s Keep. Now that the remnants of a massive explosion have torn the island apart, it’s up to you to scan the area for threats both human and undead!
- Welcome Back to Fortune’s Keep: How has the island changed? We detail each of the initial 11 Points of Interest and the significant changes they involve.
- New Gameplay Features: A host of new gameplay features are coming to Fortunes Keep, including a limited-time Contract to destroy Zombie Nests, Zombies power-ups, Extendable Bridges, and a new score Tracker detailing your Squad Wipe Streaks.
- Call of Duty: Warzone Ranked Resurrection: Ranked Play comes with the same underpinnings as Fortune’s Keep, using the Resurrection rules for the first time. Expect many impressive rewards for your efforts, and BR Ranked Play will arrive later in the year.
Modern Warfare III Zombies:
- The Dark Ether Story Act Continues: Operation Banishment Assault Teams are tasked with confronting a new anomaly in the Exclusion Zone.
- Enter the Second Rift: Confront the largest overrun Castle you’ve ever encountered as you enter a terrifying new Rift.
- New Challenges and Schemes: Unlock Prestige levels to win zombie challenges and collect three new Schemes to help you progress.
- Warlord Keres: An elusive chemical warfare expert, Keres has set up some impressive defenses at the Killhouse at Orlov Military Base. Prepare effectively before trying to take him out.
In all modes:
- Weapon Detail: Season 2 continues the weapon drops with four new Basic Weapons available to use: the BP50 AR, RAM-9 SMG, SOA Subverter BR, and the Soulrender melee sword.
- Connect: You can unlock seven Aftermarket Parts, including the JAK Limb Ripper underbarrel chainsaw, perfect for burying in zombie flesh!
- Become the Undead Elite with BlackCell: Purchase and gain exclusive access to an exclusive cast of undead Operator Skins, led by skeletal John Doe: All dazzling in gold dripping with a bright, ethereal purple hue!
- Rick Grimes and Kate Laswell Star in Season 2 Battle Pass: Purchase the Season 2 Battle Pass and instantly unlock Rick Grimes from AMC’s The Walking Dead , as well as Station Chief Kate Laswell.
- New Store Offerings: Play as Michonne from AMC’s The Walking Dead with the new CDL Pack “Let Them Cook” and C Celebrate Black History Month on February 8 with a free gift pack featuring cultural inspiration designed by our team.
- New Challenges, Events and Progression: Learn all about Weekly Challenges and Season 2 Events, starting with special undead rewards as Horde Hunt begins, and check out Prestige rewards as you progress towards Level 450.
For more details on the incoming content, head to the Call of Duty blog .
We will definitely inform our readers after the patch is released.